Is there an app store for this device?
Although the Android Market/Google Play is not currently available on the Connect 9, we've included the GetJar and 1Mobile market where you can purchase apps or even download apps for free. Additionally there are several other markets that you can choose from. Some recommended ones include:
My 1Mobile Market app isn't working. / My Amazon Kindle app isn't working.
Both of these apps have been recently updated. Please follow the links below to update to the latest version.
Amazon Kindle: http://www.1mobile.com/kindle-13239.html
GetJar is on the device but doesn't seem to be working.
Some of GetJar's download links point to Google Market. As this device does not support Google Market, any of those links will not work. So if you are encountering an error for a certain app on GetJar, it is most likely linking to Google Market. We recommend trying to download that app from one of the other previously mentioned markets.
Does Skype work with this tablet?
Yes, it does. If you are running Android 4.0.4, any version should work fine. If you are running Android 4.0.1, 4.0.2 or 4.0.2 you will need to download and use Skype version 188.8.131.52. The latest version of Skype doesn't seem to becompatible with the older Android 4.0 versions, so you will need to use the older version which you can find here:
If for some reason the camera still has issues such as showing a pink or green tint, restart your tablet and/or disable then enable the video calling feature.
How do I connect to the internet?
Go to your settings, then under Wireless & Networks, touch Wi-Fi to turn Wi-Fi on/off. Your device will automatically try to connect to an available WAP (Wireless Access Point), however if you wish to manually select a network or need to enter login credentials, tap on WiFi and in the upper right coner is an option "Add Network": (a) Network SSID: Enter the name of the Wi-Fi WAP (b) Security: Select the type of security used by the WAP (c) Password: if the WAP is secured, enter the password or hex key (depending on the security protocol used by the WAP, additional network information may be required) (d) Touch Save to save the settings.
My device is connected but I cannot browse the internet.
In the unlikely event that you are still experiencing difficulty connecting, this may be a communication error between your unit and your router. You can resolve this by performing a hard reset on your router. Power down your device. On your wireless router, unplug its power cord for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Wait about 20 seconds for the lights to illuminate on your router. Power on your device and try to connect once again.
Can I play flash games, watch flash videos or YouTube videos?
The Prestige 7L has Flash 11 installed allowing you to play flash videos/games/YouTube videos.
How do I kill a task/running app?
Go to the settings menu and then choose Applications -> Running Services. Then find the application you wish to end and tap on it, then choose "Stop".
How do I improve the battery life?
- Avoid using widgets that access the Web or change the frequency in which they update.
- Lower screen brightness (Settings -> Display -> Brightness)
- Switch WiFi off when you're not using it (Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> WiFi)
- Use a screen timeout (Settings -> Display -> Screen Timeout)
- Use still wallpapers instead of live wallpapers
- Avoid streaming audio or video for long periods of time
- Download a power management app to regulate various settings on your device
How do I connect my tablet to my computer?
- Your tablet and computer should both be on.
- Connect your tablet to your computer using the included USB cable.
- Once you connect the tablet to your computer, you should see a notification in the status bar of your tablet. Open up the navigation bar by tapping on the notification.
- Select the option to copy files to and from the device.
- Tap on the button to "Turn on USB Storage".
- Your tablet should show up on your computer as an external drive. Simply drag and drop files to copy them to your tablet or vice versa.
- When finished, tap on the button to "Turn off USB Storage" on your tablet before disconnecting the USB cable.
How do I find my MAC address?
- Go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Tap on Wi-Fi
- In the upper right corner is the menu icon (3 dots in a column), tap on that
- Tap on Advanced
- Your MAC address will appear in the Advanced Menu
How do I change the background/wallpaper?
At the home screen, touch and hold on an empty area of the screen for about 2 seconds. A menu window will pop up. Select the which type of wallpapers to choose from and select your new wallpaper from there.
How do I set the time and date?
Go to your Settings then scroll down to Date & Time
How do turn off the mobile network (phone) signal?
Turn Airplane mode on. Then (leaving Airplane mode on), turn WiFi back on. This should disable all wireless signals except your WiFi.